Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Super Easy Mac n' Cheesy

I don't know of anyone that doesn't love mac n' cheese...especially when it comes to the little ones. Here's an easy way to make mac n' cheese at home, that's not much more challenging than ripping open a package of powdered cheese.
  • 1 Box Pasta (Choose whatever kind you like...I prefer whole wheat and love cavatappi)
  • 1-1/4 Cups Milk (I would recommend using something stronger than skim)
  • 8ozs Cheddar Cheese (You can add a 1/4 cup of Parmesan too if you have it and would like)
  • 2 Tbsps Butter
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Pinch of freshly grated Nutmeg
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Once drained, add back to pot and cook slightly longer to remove extra liquid. Next dump in the remaining ingredients and cook till cheese is melted and incorporated. This will be a gooey mac n' cheese, but it couldn't be more simple. It kind of turns out a bit like the recipe at Noodles. I found this recipe while watching Emeril's Table one day. I'm not usually that interested in watching Emeril, but this particular episode was targeted for kids...how fun! Here's the link to the recipe:  http://www.emerils.com/recipe/8113/Merils-Mac-and-Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment