- 4 cups flour
- I used 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup quinoa flour, and 1/2 cup soy flour
- Please play with the combinations and try different flours that you see at the store
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- Choose your level of fat - For Elia I used her Stonyfields whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas - mashed
- These could be eliminated, or you could even add more if you like
- Other pureed fruits could work too; like mango, peaches, applesauce, etc.
- I was also thinking that Avocados and Banana would be an awesome mix
- I used 4 per pancake, but they could be eliminated if you're not a blueberry fan, or you could substitute another berry
- If you're making for yourself and like chocolate, chocolate chips would be yummy too
- Another neat thought...you could make them crunchy by adding granola to them while cooking
- Plain, or with applesauce, maple syrup, peanut butter (or sun butter for non-nutties), etc.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Pancakes for Elia (Mommy and Daddy Too)
Today's breakfast...PANCAKES!! We love pancakes in our house; especially with bananas, but let's see how we can make them healthier. I made 2 batches of these, which should give you about 24 pancakes. Elia eats about 1-2 depending on the size, and they're great to freeze and pull out when you need them, and are in the mood for a pancake.