Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grandpas

Grandpas are unique / fun personalities. You spend many an hour in their care. I remember the many hours spent with my Grandpa. Something I loved to do; watch my Grandpa get ready in the morning. I would sit on the sink watching him brush his teeth, shave....wow...for me, what fun! He always wanted to do fun stuff with me, so staying home to play cards for pennies with Grandma, was not a popular option for him. I often got the "Party Pooper" song sung to me. I remember back in the day when it was appropriate to leave a sleeping child lie...in the car when they were asleep. How times have changed... I remember all of our great biking adventures, and believe me, Grandpa was ready to do the 50 miler, even if no one else was. He bought me my first Trek bike outfit...how cool, purple and neon green with a padded seat....thank you Grandpa!

I watch Elia with her Grandpas, and she couldn't be more in love with them. She loves their silliness and just can't wait to go to them and give them kisses.

Grandpa, as you lie quietly in the ICU at Waukesha Memorial Hospital, know that I love you, that I love every moment I've spent with you, even if you've repeated your stories several times to me. Sometimes I still feel like the little girl who sat watching you shave... As life has gone by I see we've both matured quite a bit. Now I'm talking about Great Grandpa as Elia says, "Hi" in the ICU, and tries to adjust the settings on your PCA. Dilaudid is such a good friend! What a strong man you are, lying peacefully after what could have been your life, in your accident. I wish you all the comfort in the world, and hope you know how much you have meant to me and my family. We are all unique individuals, but I hope you know how you've touched our lives.

We love our Grandpas! What would the world be like without them?

Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment