Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Night Packers - Bison Chili

Gotta love Packer Season!! For tonight's game, I'm making a ground bison chili. Something about Fall, Packers and Chili always seems to go together. With my little ladies I have to hold back on the spice, but you can spice it up as much as you like!

Ingredients:

  • 1.5lbs Ground Bison
  • 2 Cups Dried Beans (Prepared-Soak 1 part beans to 2 parts water 4-6hrs, drain, cover with water, bring to bubble, cover and cook on simmer for 1hr, drain)
  • 2-15oz Cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 Sweet Potato (Chopped)
  • 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
  • 3 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
  • 1 Stalk Celery (Chopped)
  • 1 Carrot Stick (Chopped)
  • 1 Zucchini (Chopped)
  • 1 Cup Fresh/Frozen Corn 
  • 3.5 Cups Water
  • 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon (Organic Chicken)
  • 1.5-2 Cups Pureed Tomatoes (Crushed/Homemade Sauce)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2 Tbsp Frontier Brand Mexican Fiesta Seasoning (or whatever seasoning you prefer)
  • Tiny Sprinkle Cinnamon
I prepared the beans first, and while cooking, cooked up the bison meat and added the onion and garlic in to cook. Then I started adding my additional vegetables to cook a little longer, then dumped in the cans of tomatoes and frozen corn. Soon my pan was getting too full, so I transferred to my slow cooker, which I set on Low. I added the tomato sauce, water and extra seasoning, then threw in the beans when they were done. To serve I have some Organic Valley sour cream, my favorite cheese as of late - Cedar Grove Marble Colby Jack, and have some whole wheat macaroni noodles that I purchased in bulk at Good Harvest. I'm hoping for a Win...for both the Packers...and the Chili!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment