Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Grilled Pizza

Remember several posts back when I said I would comment on making grilled pizza...well here it is! We started making grilled pizza this past summer and absolutely love it! I've found it takes a few extra steps and hands, but is well worth it.

Ingredients:
  • Pizza Dough (If not homemade I use Sprouted Wheat Dough found at NuGenesis Farm, Good Harvest Market or Sendik's)
  • Tomato Sauce (I have only been using homemade...have you seen my garden?)
  • Sauteed Veggies (I like a combo of garlic, onions, greens, zucchini or patty pans and green pepper)
  • Cheese (I use part of a block of Mozzarella and some Parmesan)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • Oil to coat grill
I start by preparing my dough and getting it rolled out to the size I want. I place it on a lightly floured baking sheet and rub olive oil on the top side. I sautee my vegetables in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper...meanwhile I have my grill preheating to 350. While the veggies are cooking, I shred my cheese and get a little dish of oil and a paper towel ready for prepping the grill. Now I'm ready to get out to the grill. I start by rubbing a small amount of oil on the grates using tongs and the paper towel. Next flip your dough onto the hot grates and coat the side of dough now up with olive oil. Close the lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes, checking occasionally to see how the bottom is doing. I usually use a metal spatula to lift a corner up. Once you have grill marks, use 2 spatulas to flip the dough over. Spoon sauce onto dough, add a light layer of shredded cheese, place veggies on top, and cover with another light layer of cheese. Close the lid and again let cook for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the dough looks done. Again use your 2 spatulas to lift the pizza off the grill, or if you have a flat pan, just slide it under. Get ready to enjoy a super tasty pizza! Obviously you can choose whatever toppings you like, but I prefer an all veggie pizza, especially when you can utilize home grown goodies or those purchased at your local farmer's market or favorite farm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment