Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Homemade Tomato Sauce

Like I've said, the tomatoes in my garden are wild and crazy and ready to attack. We planted 4 different varieties and have had an abundance of them this summer.





Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes (Chopped)
  • Garlic (About 2 Cloves Chopped)
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Honey
  • 2 Frozen Cubes Pesto (if I have on hand)
  • Seasoning
Preheat oven to 400. Chop the tomatoes and garlic and lay on a sheet pan. Drizzle everything with olive oil and a about 1 Tbsp of honey then season and toss to coat. Place them in the hot oven for 30 minutes to an hour depending on how fast they cook (my oven doesn't stay hot so it takes longer). Once done puree in your favorite blender, adding in the pesto if you have it on hand. Either pour it into ice cube trays for freezing or bowls for the fridge. Get ready to enjoy a very fresh and tasty sauce! 



No comments:

Post a Comment