Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Smooth-tastic!

I love smoothies, especially after a morning run. Here's how I like to make them.
  • Greens-lots of them (I like baby spinach, kale, Swiss chard, cabbage, etc.)
  • 1-Carrot
  • 1-Stalk Celery
  • 1/2-Apple
  • 1-Banana
  • 1/2-3/4 Cup-Frozen Fruit (Blueberries, Strawberries, Cherries, Cranberries, Raspberries, Mango, etc. - I like to use a mixture)
  • 1 heaping tsp-Spirulina Powder
  • 1 heaping Tbsp-Hemp Seed
  • 1 heaping Tbsp-Ground Chia Seed
  • 1/2 Cup-Plain Yogurt (Fat Free)
  • 100% Juice and/or Milk (soy?)-Add enough to get to your preferred thickness
I use a Vita Mix so I throw everything in and blend, no chopping/juicing necessary. The above makes a good amount; enough for 2 large and 2 small glasses, which is exactly the size of my family. : ) I always let Elia take the first sip, and if she likes it, I know it's good. : ) We've gotten lucky, because this combination always creates an awesome Smoothie!!




1 comment:

  1. So, I actually never mix dairy in my smoothies any more because it would cause Lily to get "plugged" up, if you know what I mean. I've actually heard/read that it's best to go non-dairy when making your smoothies, as the combination can cause constipation and also may not allow you to absorb all the nutrients properly. So, add unprocessed almond milk, non-GMO soy milk, 100% organic juice or just some coconut water or regular water.

    ReplyDelete