Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Our Favorite Cookie Recipe

Just because you're eating unprocessed organic food doesn't mean you can't be a Cookie Monster! I have two little Cookie Monsters living with me...or Tootie Tootie Monsters, per Lily! Here's my favorite recipe, courtesy of my sister, which I've adapted slightly to be just what I want. They end up more like little granola cookies, but we love them.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Honey - I use Raw
3 Tbsps Organic Butter (Room Temperature)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg (Room Temperature) or 1 Tbsp Ground Flax + 3 Tbsp Water
1/2 Cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1-1/2 Cups Organic Oats
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Baking Soda (Non-Aluminum)
Additional:  Raisins, Chopped Raw Nuts, Dark Chocolate Chips, Apple Juice Sweetened Cranberries, Hemp Seeds, Ground Chia Seeds, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, etc.

Preheat your oven to 350F. Mix your wet ingredients then slowly add in your dry ingredients. I gently mix in the additional items, then form into 1/2 Tbsp size balls. They will be sticky, but squeeze them and they'll stick together. I bake on reusable parchment for about 12-15 minutes then set out to cool. Like I said, they make a dense granola-like cookie, but how can you go wrong with such good ingredients?!?! Have your organic carrot and a cookie too!









No comments:

Post a Comment