Welcome to The Mommy Concept

I thank you for visiting my Blog and hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Unprocessed Day 1


DAY 1

BREAKFAST:
Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes with Maple Syrup
Recipe:  http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/04/21/recipe-whole-wheat-banana-pancakes-freeze-the-leftovers/ I doubled the recipe and instead of using 4 bananas I used 2 bananas, 1 grated carrot and 1 grated honey crisp apple. I have plenty left over so they'll all be going in the freezer for breakfasts this month.
Elia also decided to eat a whole carrot and some raisins for breakfast...

LUNCH:
I had 2 AkMak crackers with cheese, apple slices, celery and a maple syrup latte.
Elia had, per her request, cottage cheese with banana, apple slices and celery.
Lily had a grilled cheese (maybe 1 bite), applesauce and 1/2 of a banana.
DJ took leftover homemade pierogies with salsa and sour cream to work. (recipe to come)

DINNER:
Vegetable Stir Fry-I used brown rice and a mixture of vegetables (eggplant, bok choy, zucchini, onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, carrots and broccoli).
Start by getting your rice going. Meanwhile sautee 1/2 of onion, 1/2 carrots, 1/2 celery and garlic in olive oil. Add about 1/4 cup soy sauce and 2 cups water to mix then put in blender to puree. I use San-J Organic Tamari (gluten free soy sauce with reduced sodium), which only has water, organic soybeans, salt and organic alcohol in it. In the pan start sauteing the rest of your veg in olive oil, then add in about 1 Tbsp of Whole Wheat Flour, allowing it to cook about 2 minutes. Then add in your pureed sauce and bring to bubble. Once the brown rice is done, mix it all together and serve. The girls really liked it, and don't mind eating their veggies prepared this way.
Mama and Papa had a little bit of white wine (Sterling's Sauvignon Blanc-AWESOME!), which is not considered a processed food.

DESSERT:
Elia and Lily had some carob covered raisins (I'm pretty sure they're processed a bit, but I'm more lax with them) I had a little dish of whole milk yogurt with a sprinkle of homemade granola and DJ had part of an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment